About Me

My photo
I'm all these things in no particular order: human being, woman, Mother, wife, house maintainer, daughter and overwhelmed. My motto is "live life outloud". Keep keen your sense of humor. One day it'll be the only thing that keeps you sane.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

<---can't think of a clever title

Today we went to Crestwood Court. A dying, yet very cool, mall. It reminds me a lot of Eastland Mall in Tulsa when it first started to decline and vendors started leaving one by one and you had lots of interesting choices to eat in the food court. Anyway, Crestwood is actually pretty neat for a few reasons. Lots of artists are renting out retail areas and making it their studio so there is lots of beautiful and interesting art and sculptures to look at (from the window that is, you know, the toddler and all) and there are dance studios as well. So, we liked it because there is so much room and when playing outside is not an attractive option to Momma you can take your kid and let them run around and also they have a small indoor playground. Of course when Henry saw the mechanical toys that cost $0.75 to ride on that was HIS real attractive option but we quickly got over that with minimal melt down. It was great to get out of the house and I met up with a friend with two kids and I very much enjoyed (needed!) the adult conversation even if it was all a bit distracted.

In other news, I have finally gotten Henry to say please! Big deal! And he is saying "Yes" instead of "yeah" which is very good and proper but I miss his sing song voice saying "yeaaaaahhh?". He's getting so grown. I spiked his hair for him today and watching him run down the walkway at the mall reminded me that he is growing up fast. I usually don't say those cliche things like "wow. The time it goes by so fast!" because to me it doesn't really feel that way. I definitely have felt the last two years and I don't mean that as a complaint.

This week has been another nutso week and to tell you the truth, I don't know why. I suppose it's because Lucy is getting bigger and we are spending more time interacting with her a playing, reading books and making sounds and she is sleeping less and less. We sort of had a nap time show down a few minutes ago. I knew she was so tired but couldn't sleep but needed to so very much so I had to do the 10 mins of crying, check on her, then 15, check on her, then she finally fell asleep. I HATE doing that, it breaks my heart to hear her cry but I knew that's what she needed - to cry a bit, get it out, then sleep. She'll be 5 months old in 3 days.

And that's all I got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment