About Me

My photo
I'm all these things in no particular order: human being, woman, Mother, wife, house maintainer, daughter and overwhelmed. My motto is "live life outloud". Keep keen your sense of humor. One day it'll be the only thing that keeps you sane.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday is My Monday

Friday is my Monday.

By Friday afternoon all the Monday go-hung-ness and ambition I have is completely wiped out and I struggle to keep up with the kids, the laundry, the house, the everything.

My shoulders are tense, my hips are sore and my head is normally pounding.

It's a very physical reaction and a testament as to how much I need and depend on my husband to be the great father that he is.

I need a break so bad. Like, a complete weekend by myself kind of break.

I told my husband that I'd like to rent a nice hotel room, buy lots of chocolate, wine, cheese and Ruffles Wavy Ranch chips and veg out and watch reality TV - all by myself. He didn't get it but then again, men often don't.

This too shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you girl. I might not be a mother but sometimes just the stress of being an adult, sorting out financial aid and paying bills and all that ugly business makes me want to go away some place by myself. And of course men do not totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come share that hotel room with you? I'll bring wine and popcorn, too :) It sounds like a great idea to me! :)

    ReplyDelete