About Me

My photo
I'm all these things in no particular order: human being, woman, Mother, wife, house maintainer, daughter and overwhelmed. My motto is "live life outloud". Keep keen your sense of humor. One day it'll be the only thing that keeps you sane.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Mother of All Mac and Cheese Recipes

I did it. I "created" the perfect baked mac & cheese recipe. A few of you will remember I posted another mac & cheese recipe on my facebook weeks ago. Scratch that. This one is much, much better, I promise.

I borrowed 2 recipes from Mrs. Paula Deen. Hey ya'll #1 & hey ya'll #2 and combined them into the most perfect, creamiest, yummiest comfort food you can imagine.

Here it is. Share and be merry. :)

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
3 cups grated cheddar cheese (use 2 cups sharp and 1 cup mild if you really wanna be fancy)
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 can of cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
sprinkle of nutmeg if you like

*cup of diced up ham (optional)

Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.




1 comment:

  1. She has a fantastic looking crock pot macaroni and cheese recipe. I want to try it for Christmas. This sounds yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete