About Me

My photo
I'm all these things in no particular order: human being, woman, Mother, wife, house maintainer, daughter and overwhelmed. My motto is "live life outloud". Keep keen your sense of humor. One day it'll be the only thing that keeps you sane.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2/3rds of a Cup of Coffee

I tip toe across the wooden floors, shut doors gently, restrain myself from flushing the toilet, curse when I drop a makeup brush, the sound is deafening at 5:30 am. I drink coffee in bed to wake and all of these precautions are in vain because my children have super keen Mommy-sense and shall wake when I do.

You have to laugh. I do.

I really do think that children have a 7th sense for when a parent wakes and is at their most human venerable moment, their waking moment, when all is calm, bleary eyed and quiet. When you want to be alone and quiet and enjoy the peace of the morning before operation chaos begins. But nooooooo...

WAKE UP
and get moving they demand, and so I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment