About Me

My photo
I'm all these things in no particular order: human being, woman, Mother, wife, house maintainer, daughter and overwhelmed. My motto is "live life outloud". Keep keen your sense of humor. One day it'll be the only thing that keeps you sane.

Monday, November 14, 2011

No Rest for the Weary

Tonight I have sleep anxiety.

(here's where I start a-bitchin')

I have not slept a solid night of sleep in probably 3 weeks. By solid I mean I've not got to sleep without waking up at least once during the night to take care of one of the kids. While I have not had to stay up with them for long periods of time it's still an interruption of my sleep cycle. Even if it only takes 5 minutes to tend to something it's still going to take a good half hour to an hour for me to get back to sleep. Add that to early morning wake up calls and un-synchronized nap times and I've been one busy woman.

Henry's been waking nightly for a couple of weeks crying out for Momma. I think he's having night terrors because when I go in his room to comfort him he has zombie face and is basically unresponsive.

Lucy....well, Lucy is 4 months old. It's expected that she wakes in the middle of the night.

Worn out.

Alan relieves me when he can but he's also worn out from his job. They've got a few big things they're working on and he's been working 12 hour days 2-3 nights a week.

Most days it's just a fleeting moment that I feel that way but this evening I am really feeling it pull down on me like the weighted force of gravity. Not good. I hate feeling tired just as much as I hate feeling sick. Actually, those two feelings are very similar in nature, huh?

I guess I'm going to make a cup of tea and try to relax so I can get some sleep. And by cup of tea I mean glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

No comments:

Post a Comment