About Me

My photo
I'm all these things in no particular order: human being, woman, Mother, wife, house maintainer, daughter and overwhelmed. My motto is "live life outloud". Keep keen your sense of humor. One day it'll be the only thing that keeps you sane.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Banjo

**originally written on 8/16/12. I thought, "what a geeky thing to write about!!", but since I'll be in Branson, MO Friday-Tuesday I think now it's appropriate. I just found out there is Fiddle Festival this weekend in downtown Branson and I'd love to go and take my kiddos! I know they'd love it and I know I would too. My maternal biological grandfather, who I sadly only got to meet one time before he passed, was a bluegrass musician. Maybe it's in my blood?

I'm very emotional today and not necessarily in a negative way, just sensitive. I've been listening to music all day and music will move me to tears. Sad songs, happy songs, anything. Music is good for my soul.

The other day I watched a documentary called "The Banjo Project" narrated by Steve Martin and I just bawled and bawled! The music and the stories, so happy and so sad and the sounds that stringed instrument makes is amazing. I had no idea of any sort of history of the banjo and was blown away. Just amazing.

Isn't it funny how something you think is a geeky interest of yours can really inspire you and make you think, to stop and listen and learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment